This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
Crystal Direct Trading (Pty) Ltd knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.
This policy describes the types of personal information that we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy.
As used throughout this policy, the term ” the Company, “us” or “we” refers to Crystal Direct Trading (Pty) Ltd and its affiliates in South Africa and worldwide.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by the Company is controlled by us. Our physical, postal telephonic and electronic addresses are as follows:
Crystal Direct Trading (Pty) Ltd
Section 10-11, Prestige Place, Henry Vos Close, Asla Business Park, Strand, 7140
Landline: + 27 (0) 21 854 4040
Reg N: 2006/027975/07 VAT: 4430232555
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect from you from any forms you may complete or via our website may include:
What do we do with personal information collected from you?
- Contacting us via our Website or otherwise: When you use the website (our “Site”) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email, or other electronic communication, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business or entity to gain unauthorised access to any page on our Site or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code thereto.
We use personal information to provide the services and products you request from the Company such as:
Invoicing / contractual agreements
In addition, we use this information to improve our customer services platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. The Company retains the copyright in databases of personal information of our customers and website users.
We also use your details to send you newsletters and promotions, and to conduct online surveys or surveys by telephone and other communications via email, electronic messaging services, telephone or post. We will not engage in the practice of direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications unless you are already a customer of the Company or have given your consent to such processing.
If you apply for employment at the Company, we use the personal information you supply to process your job application.
What about Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to us. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Does the Company share the information it receives?
Information about our members is an important part of our business and we do not sell it to others. The Company shares customer information only as described below.
How secure is information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. Customers and website users where necessary, and whether applicable now or in the future undertake not to use any username or passwords relating to any other person.
What choices do I have?
- Cross-territory transfer of information: We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to
- Storage of data: We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy or in accordance with the provisions of any applicable legislation.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you or to object to the processing of personal information held about you. To do this, contact us at the numbers/addresses listed earlier and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. You may do this by contacting us at the numbers/addresses provided earlier. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate. Please update your information by contacting us at the numbers/addresses provided earlier whenever your details change.
Please note that we may amend this Policy from time to time.Notices and Revisions